POSTSECONDARY SUCCESS FOR ALL:
HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION, CERTIFICATES, COLLEGE & CAREERS
This group will dig into the hard, unresolved questions stemming from PAS discussions:
- Do all youth need the same academic preparation for the future?
- If not, where does differentiation occur?
- How can tracking be avoided and equity achieved?
- Are we setting a low bar?
- High school graduation and college/university admission requirements vary widely by state. How reliable are industry certificates as pathways to adult success?
- Are there skills required for workplace success that are not taught in schools?
- If so, what are they, and how do we teach them?
- Would it be useful to include additional indicators beyond the ABCs in helping adults determine where and when to take actions on students’ behalf?